The ACGME invites comments from the community of interest regarding the proposed requirements listed below. As specified in the ACGME Manual of Policies and Procedures, the following groups constitute the ACGME community of interest:
- member organizations of the ACGME
- nominating organizations of the Review Committee
- designated institutional officials (DIOs)
- Chairs and Executive Directors of each Review Committee
- program directors in the specialty
- selected public officials
- selected patient groups
- the public and other selected interested parties
At the discretion of the Review Committee, additional specialty organizations may be invited to comment.
For specialty/subspecialty requirements, Review Committees are not permitted to alter Common Program Requirement language, which appears in bold font. Therefore, comments are invited only on requirements not in bold font.
For focused revisions, only the section(s) of the requirements being revised will be open for review and comment.
Comments must be submitted electronically, using the form provided here, to the respective specialty mailbox indicated. It is up to the Review Committee’s discretion whether to consider any responses submitted in a format other than the stated requested format, or which do not provide the requested information.
Requirement Review and Approval Process
ACGME Process for Review and Approval of Requirements
Review and Comment Form