Call for Abstracts | Submission Process and Requirements | Poster Information | FAQ
February 28 - March 3, 2013
The ACGME invites the GME community to submit abstracts for poster presentation at its annual conference on February 28 - March 3, at the Swan and Dolphin in Orlando, Florida. Program directors, coordinators, faculty, and all others involved in graduate medical education are encouraged to submit abstracts.
2013 Poster Session Topics:
- Learning Environment
- Patient Safety/Quality Improvement
- Transitions in Care
- Fatigue Management
- Resident Supervision
- Faculty Development/ Interprofessional Development
- Teaching Professionalism
- Building Interprofessional Team Skills
- Assessment in the Age of Milestones
- Milestones - What Have We Learned
- Curriculum in the Era of Milestones
- Using Simulation to Teach Milestones
- Diversity/Cultural Competence/Reduction in Disparities
- Resident Well-Being
- Resident Remediation
- Handling Mistreatment of Medical Students and Residents
- Exercising Effective Institutional Oversight
- Clinical Competence Committees
- Innovations in International Graduate Medical Education
Criteria for Selection: Abstracts must include all sections to be considered
- Background: clearly articulated context for project of research study,including relevant literature
- Objective: substantive; clearly stated purpose of the project or research study
- Methods: clear description of how the project was conducted and/or implemented, with sound and appropriate project design
- Results/Outcomes/Improvements: clear and unambiguous statement of what changed and how
- Significance: implications of the project beyond the local setting
All accepted poster presenters are required to register for the conference. Please do NOT submit an abstract if your attendance at the Annual Educational Conference is questionable. Posters without at least one registered author will not be displayed.
Accepted poster presenters will be required to prepare a poster for the session and be available from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm on Friday, March 1, to discuss the poster. Recipients of special recognition awards will also be required to present a short oral description of their work in one of two sessions on Friday, March 1.
Please note: The ACGME does not endorse any products or services provided by outside vendors. Therefore, promotions or advertisements of any kind are not allowed at the conference.
[back to top]