If you’re joining us in San Diego next week, here’s a quick list of tips and information you’ll want to know before you get there! See you soon!
1. Download the ACGME’s Conference Mobile App! Manage your conference experience entirely from the app – including your schedule!
Important: You will need to log in to share your contact information, receive alerts, and access the schedule icon.
Click here for downloading instructions on the mobile app.
2. This year’s conference takes place at two hotels, the Marriott Marquis and the Hilton Bayfront, and the hotels are a 15-minute walk apart. Be sure you check your schedule on the Conference Mobile App to plan accordingly.
3. Planning to network? Don’t forget your business cards! And don’t forget to pick up a fun badge ribbon (or several!) at registration to strike up conversation with other attendees.
4. Prep for travel. San Diego is warm and sunny during the day, but the evenings tend to be cooler – be sure to pack a sweater for your evenings outside. Don’t forget to pack an umbrella, just in case it rains!
5. Registration opens Wednesday evening at 5:30 p.m. at the Marriott. This year, Wolters Kluwer is sponsoring a Sip and Print registration event—and the first 500 attendees will receive a glass of wine after they print their badge.
6. Don’t miss the Marvin R. Dunn Welcoming Poster Reception and Exhibitor Kick-Off on Thursday, February 27, at 5:30 p.m. A free drink ticket is attached to your badge.
7. Looking to update your professional headshot? Stop by the professional photo booth in the ACGME Hub in the Exhibit Hall! The photographer will be available at the Welcoming Reception on Thursday night only.
8. Did you sign up for the Mentor/Mentee Program? Beyond networking, for the first time, the conference will feature the opportunity and dedicated space for mentors and mentees to connect. Mentors and mentees are asked to grab a badge ribbon at check-in to identify themselves. Networking spaces are identified on the Conference Mobile App. Interested in participating? It’s not too late! Be sure to log back in to your registration to opt-in.
9. For the first time, the ACGME will host a family-friendly movie night. The movie will play at the Hilton on Saturday evening at 6:30 p.m. in Indigo A. Popcorn and a soft drink will be provided, and the first 50 guests will receive an ACGME blanket!
10. Participate in yoga or a running/walking club! More information and routes will be available in the Conference Mobile App. *Weather Permitting*
11. Tag us! Be sure to use the official conference hashtag, #ACGME2020, and #MeaningInMedicine when you’re posting from and about our conference on social media! You can also post directly in the Activity Feed on the Conference Mobile App.
12. The Exhibit Hall at #ACGME2020, located at the Marriott, is going to be lively and full of fun at this year’s conference! Be sure to participate in the Discover the Doc scavenger hunt! Daily clues posted on the Conference Mobile App’s Activity feed will aid attendees in their hunt to locate famous fictional doctors hidden among the booths! Find one of the day’s doctors and win a $100 Amazon gift card! More information can be found in the Exhibit Hall and in the Conference Mobile App. All lunches will be provided in the Exhibit Hall.
13. Your feedback is important to us! You can complete your evaluation on the Conference Mobile App. Physicians are eligible to receive CME for sessions they attend, and non-physicians can receive a Certificate of Participation.
14. Immediately following the Closing Plenary on Saturday evening, the ACGME will host a Toast on the Terrace at the Hilton Bayfront. Mingle with ACGME leaders and staff members, as well as colleagues, and reflect on the conference and celebrate the connections made.